Totemic has been proud supporter of Inspire+ since 2011. This year our employees joined forces Inspire+ Ambassadors to offer their support with their annual Mini Olympics.
Colleagues from across Totemic Holdings were invited to give their time and come along to the Mini Olympics to help inspire another generation as to the benefits sporting activities can bring to their physical and mental well-being. Throughout the event our volunteers ensured the pupils attended their sporting events and were in their ‘zones’ at the right time to get the most out of their experience. We were given plenty of opportunity to get involved throughout the day – which was a resounding success for all.
This years theme was Rio – in readiness for the 2016 Olympic Games – and despite the weather, we had a carnival atmosphere and theme to the day. Each school created their parade flag to open their participation in the games and the day closed with a group samba dance.
Held annually, the Mini Olympics is a one day event with all Inspire+ member schools invited. Schools bring teams of their year 3 & 4 pupils with their year 5 & 6 Bronze Young Ambassadors supporting them. The charities secondary school Young Ambassadors and Sports Leaders are instrumental in running the day and planning prior to the day. The sporting zones that the teams participate in during the day are run by Inspire+ coaches and local clubs, a great way for clubs to engage with a large number of young people from across South Kesteven promoting their club.
- 37 primary schools
- 70 school teams
- 1175 primary school pupils
- Over 60 Secondary School volunteers
- Over 200 school staff members
- Over 50 VIPs, including sporting celebrities which have included; Dame Kelly Holmes, Hannah Cockroft MBE, Sam Ruddock, Jade Etherington, Chris Adcock, Anthony Clarke, Sophie Allen, Louis Deacon and Sarah Outen MBE.
- 14 sports zones which have included; Badminton, Boccia, Wheelchair Basketball, Dance, Cheerleading, Rugby, Tennis, Netball and Golf.