Disclosure of Personal Data
Totemic is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Totemic may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st December 2010.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title/status
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- working history
- education history and academic achievements
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or product offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to contact you about employment opportunities.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided (see Controlling Your Personal Information).
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail (see Controlling Your Personal Information).
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Website Visitor Access
Confidentiality & Security
We give you the option of using a secure transmission method to send us the following types of personal data:
- Primary Personal Data (such as name and contact details)
- Secondary Personal Data (such as employment history and qualifications)
Personal data is kept securely in our database. We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- Unauthorised Access
- Improper Use or Disclosure
- Unauthorised Modification
- Unlawful Destruction or Accidental Loss
All of our employees and data processors, who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors' personal data.
We collect the personal data that you may volunteer while using our online contact forms.
By submitting information using our online contact forms, you agree to us using this data so that we can contact you and give you the advice or service that you have requested.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have submitted your CV or related documentation to us, but decide that you no longer want to pursue this opportunity, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us through our Contact Us form or writing to us at the address provided at the bottom of this page.(See Privacy Support)
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us through our Contact Us form or writing to us at the address provided at the bottom of this page.(See Privacy Support)
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we may not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the address provided at the bottom of this page. (See Privacy Support)
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the address below or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.